Friday, May 25, 2007

Preview of Game 7 - DC United vs Houston Dynamo

DC United is finally on a roll in 2007. United is undefeated in their last three, 2-1-0 (W-D-L) including last week's 2-1 victory over TFC. DC is 1-1-1 at home this season with a -1 goal differential. DC United is in 5th place in the Eastern Conference, 10 points behind New England and New York with 2 games in hand. They are in 8th place in the Supporter's Shield race, also lead by New England and New York.

Houston Dynamo enters the game with an 1-0-2 record at home and an even goal differential. Houston has have lost their last two matches and four of their last five. Houston is in 4th place in the Western Conference, 9 behind FC Dallas and in 8th place in the Supporter's Shield race.

United should have all hands on deck for this game. I expect the starting eleven to be Moreno, Emilio, Gomez, Fred, Olsen, Carroll the Elder, Erpen, Boswell, Gros, Namoff, and Perkins in the same 4-4-2 formation. Kpene and Casal should get in during the second half. Unfortunately I will not be at the game because I will be in North Carolina and I can't record it due to the fact that it is only on HDNet. So unless the house I have rented has that channel, no dice here. I can't remember the last time I missed two games in a row. Disappointing.

Prediction:

DC United 3:2 Houston Dynamo

No comments: