Friday, May 02, 2008

Olsen's Bad Wheel

According to Goff, DC United midfielder and my favorite player, Ben Olsen's career is in some danger. This is really sad news. In the back of my mind, I thought this was a possibility but I refused to really acknowledge it. Goff's report puts it in black and white. I wish Benny the best and won't be trading in my #14 jersey any time soon. However, this has real personnel ramifications for DC United this season. Last season Olsen was moved out to the wing because there wasn't anyone else to play there. Now the options are Quaranta who was cut recently, McTavish and Burch who are defenders, and Young Player To Be Named Later (Kirk, Jeff Carroll, Stratford). Maybe there will be a signing this summer to replace him, otherwise that could be a big hole to fill.

No comments: