Thursday, June 05, 2008

Game 12 - DC United vs Houston Dynamo
Postponed due to lack of flood insurance

As I exited Lake RFK last night, I was left with a few impressions:
  • Since I no longer had my game ticket (who keeps a soccer ticket in case of a rain out?) how am I going to get into the game when it is rescheduled? Anyone know?
  • This was a bad game to bring my 10 month old to
  • Gallardo appears to be a mudder. He looked great
  • Houston couldn't wait to leave the field when the referee suspended the game
  • Loved the fact that you could see the outline of the old baseball diamond in the pattern of the puddles. Shows how well the drainage system works. And I guess there won't be a crown on the field at RFK anymore. Hopefully the new stadium comes soon. I think the game would have been playable longer and started again if the field had a crown.
So, looks like late summer for the replay of this game. Do they start from the beginning or pick up in the 16th minute? What happens if someone gets cut or traded who was on the field? Does replacing them count as a sub? When is an MLS game official? Halftime? I need answers people!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what's the new plan with the stadium? Can someone give me the rundown.

JCM said...

No new plan, DC United are waiting for the DC city government to decide on whether to have a stadium at Poplar Point. DC United are also listening to PG County about a stadium near UMD. Looks like 2010 at the earliest.