Wednesday, July 02, 2008

US Open Cup Round of 16 - DC United 2:0 Rochester Rhinos

I only caught the second half on the radio, and some of that was garbled due to technical issues, but DC United was able to pull out a victory while resting several starters. Gallardo, Peralta, and Moreno didn't play at all, and Emilio, Fred, Martinez, and Simms played a half. The game was tied 0-0 until two late, deflected free kicks by Marc Burch both found the net. The one I've seen on youtube didn't look all that great, but the other was better from what I've read. United moves on to play Chicago next Tuesday at the SoccerPlex. I'm going to try to make it out there for this one. And, if Tony Limarzi is to be believed (and I always believe him), Fred blew another wide open net at the beginning of the second half.

No comments: