Wednesday, November 21, 2007

So Long, Brian

Well, I got my wish. Brian Carroll was left unprotected and was selected in the Expansion Draft by San Jose. While I have appreciated Carroll's effort, his lack of skill became more and more apparent over the last two years. Maybe in a different system he will be a more productive player. So good luck out west, Brian. You won't be missed here, but you were a part of a very exciting era in DC United's history, including an MLS Cup and two Supporter's Shields. So, that says something at least.

1 comment:

Martin Shatzer said...

Carroll gave us good depth at central/defensive midfield, which I'm afraid we might be lacking next year (unless we get Veron). But I agree that between Carroll, Vanney, and Dyachenko, I guess I'm glad to see BC selected.