Thursday, June 01, 2006

Preview of Game 11 - DC United vs. New England Revolution

With DC United sporting the #1 Offense, best goal differential, and tied for the best overall point total, a game at home against .500 New England shouldn't pose much of a problem. However, I can't help but think that that guy Twellman is just itching to show Arena what a mistake he made in passing over him for a roster spot for the World Cup in Arena's old house. He makes me nervous. Couple that with the spotty play on the back line and New England will have my full attention and I hope United's as well.

No reason to change the starting lineup which obliterated Columbus on Wednesday. I'm not sure why Adu and Gross switched sides once per half last game, but I certainly prefer Adu on the left. When he is on the right, he cuts everything back to the middle. (Must have something to do with the fact he hasn't discovered he has two feet.) On the left he can cross or cut it back.

Be sure to listen to Tony Limarzi on WMET 1160 AM on the way to they game or while listening at home. I went to high school with him (Go Gonzaga!) and he does a great job as the English voice of DC United. His pregame show starts 30 minutes before kickoff.

Prediction:

DC United 2:2 New England Revolution

Other game predictions:

The DCenters T (1.5 Points) , DC SunDevil W 2:0, Quarter Volley W 2:1

No comments: