Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Preview of Game 14 - DC United vs Chicago Fire

DC United are coming back home after two disappointing 1-1 ties on the road to the Revs and the Galaxy. United are on a seven game unbeaten streak, 4 wins and 3 ties. United hasn't lost at home this season and has won three consecutive games at RFK. DC leads the Eastern Conference and all of MLS with 26 points.

Chicago Fire are currently last in the Eastern Conference standings with 11 points. Incredibly, they have played 10 of 11 games this season on the road where they have not done well. Two wins on the season to go with four ties and four losses. Their lone home game resulted in a tie. The silver lining is their new stadium, Toyota Park, opens this Sunday and they will play nine consecutive home games.

I'm looking forward to the spirited crowd we usually get on Wednesdays. All diehards. I'll be in the mezzanine above the WTOP sign in my Benny Olsen jersey.

Prediction:

DC United 2:0 Chicago Fire

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.webtemplatestalk.com/member.php?u=314862
I logged on today and it just wasn't there. It's not hidden. I've tried putting explorer into the task manager and it popped up for a couple seconds then disappeared again. When I rebooted it, It was there for a couple seconds and again, poofed. I scanned my computer for virus's and nothing came up with that. Can someone tell me what to do? I've seen many of these kinds of questions with no answers that worked for me.